Without the rollers on your garage door, it wouldn’t be able to move smoothly up and down the tracks to open. The rollers are an important part of your garage door that you want to make sure are maintained properly. Part of maintaining them is to lubricate them. You should also make sure the rollers are high quality rollers so that they will be long lasting. AAA Action Garage Doors is here to talk about garage door roller maintenance and why lubrication plays a big role in that.
Are All Garage Door Rollers the Same?
There are different types of garage door rollers. Not all of them are as high quality as others. It it is important that you know what type of garage door rollers you have so that you can care for them properly.
– Plastic: These are the lowest quality rollers and don’t have a long lifespan. You will more than likely only get a few years out of them at best, before they have to be replaced with some new ones.
– Steel: While these rollers are going to be noisy, they are usually the longest lasting rollers you can buy.
– Nylon: By far, these are the best garage door rollers on the market. They will be the quietest during performance and will smoothly lift and lower your garage door. While they may not last quite as long as steel rollers, you can still plan to get between 12-20 years out of them.
Maintaining Garage Door Rollers
It is important that you maintain your garage door rollers so that you can get as many years out of them as possible. This is what roller maintenance will look like:
– Garage Door Inspection: You should be inspecting your garage door rollers often. Make sure that none of them need any replacing. If there are some that look like they have sustained damage, get a garage door specialist out there to get the job done as soon as possible.
– Apply Lubricant to Garage Door: Your garage door rollers will need to be lubricated to keep them working properly and quietly. Make sure you aren’t using WD-40 as a lubricant though. This is a degreaser and you actually want grease on your rollers.
– Lubricate Other Parts of the Garage Door Too: You will have other parts of the garage door that could use a little grease as well. Make sure you hit any hinges, bearing plates, locks, and the arm bar as well.
Professional Garage Door Services in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If your garage door isn’t working the way it should, or if it is still making a lot of noise while opening and closing even after you have lubricated the rollers, you can turn to AAA Action Garage Doors to come take a look. We can perform any necessary garage door repairs so that you are left with a garage door that works flawlessly. Call us today!