If your home is like most, your garage door is likely the main entrance to and from your house. Many people don’t realize how important it is that they have the right garage doors on their homes. One of the features that can be extremely beneficial is an insulated garage door. Homeowners may ask themselves why an insulated garage door is really necessary. AAA Action Garage Doors is here to talk about why an insulated garage door can be beneficial for your home.
What Type of Insulation is Best for a Garage Door?
When it comes to insulating your garage door, there are several methods that are used to do it. Here are the most commonly used insulation methods that are used to make sure your garage door is insulated.
– Foam Board: You can purchase foam board kits that make insulating your garage door a piece of cake. The kits come with pre-cut foam insulation board that fits perfectly into the space allotted on your garage door. You can also buy foam board insulation and simply cut it yourself. Buying foam board that has foil on one or both sides of it will help with high heat climates.
– Spray Foam: You can also purchase spray foam insulation for your garage door. It is a denser foam than the foam boards, but it does require more work to install it. This is a higher quality insulation than the foam boards and will give you more climate control in your garage.
– Cellulose: This insulation is also a spray insulation, but it is made entirely of plant and organic products. It will be cost you more than other spray foam insulation, but it is also a higher quality foam.
– Fiberglass: This is the cheapest option to insulate your garage door, but it also the messiest. You will buy this in a roll and simply roll it out and cut it to fit your garage door. It will leave you with a messier look on the inside of your garage door than the other options.
Does Insulating My Garage Door Make a Difference?
There are several benefits that you will enjoy when you have insulated your garage door.
– Climate Control: With more control of the temperature in your garage, you will find that it is much more energy efficient for your home.
– Protection: The items you store in your garage have more protection when the space is kept at a more even temperature.
– Quieter: The garage door operates much quieter when it is insulated.
– Strength: Believe it or not, your garage door is strengthened when it is insulated. This can extend the life of your garage door.