Have you ever paid much attention to our garage door as it opens and closes each time you drive in and out of your garage? Many people don’t give the doors on their garage much thought until they are faced with an issue that leaves them with a garage door that isn’t working as it should. One issue that can be a problem is buckling. If this buckling is severe enough, the garage door won’t open and close all the way. AAA Action Garage Doors is here to talk about some reasons that you may be experiencing a buckling garage door.
Factors That Cause Your Garage Doors to Buckle
If you have a garage door that has started to buckle as it opens and closes, there are several reasons it may be happening. Following are some of the most common reasons for buckling garage doors.
– Extreme Weather: If you have experienced a severe storm, it can be enough that it ends up damaging the panels of your garage door. If they have been warped due to extreme weather, it is likely that they will start to buckle. The good news is that you often don’t have to replace the entire door but just the damaged panels to get your door back up and running.
– Low Quality Garage Door: Many of the builder grade garaged doors that are put on newer houses are made of fairly low-quality materials. The low-quality metals and fiberglass that these doors are made of will not last nearly as long as a quality garage door will.
– Misaligned Garage Door Tracks: The tracks that your garage door glides on as it opens and closed have to be perfectly aligned for the garage door to work properly. If this alignment is off track enough, it can cause the entire door to not only buckle, but it can come completely off the tracks.
– Improper Garage Door Installation: If your door arms have been installed properly, they should sit at an angle when the door is closed. If these are too straight, it could end up damaging your door with buckling issues.
– Need a Garage Door Strut: Buckling can be solved with the help of a strut to support the door as it moves up and down. This isn’t always a long-term fix, but it can get buy you some time before replacing your door.
– Need Garage Door Maintenance: When you are maintaining your garage doors properly, the hinges and rollers get greased. If they haven’t had this done in some time, it could be what is causing your buckling issues.
Garage Door Repair & Replacement in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
When your garage door isn’t working as it should, and you start to notice that there is buckling that is happening between the panels, it can be a cause for concern. At AAA Action Garage Doors, we can inspect your doors and either help you with any repairs or move towards full replacement. Call us today!