Many homeowners will try to improve their home in ways that will get them a good return on investment. Installing a new garage door is one way you can do that. Probably because the garage door takes up a large part in the appearance of your home. Other than being the first thing people notice when they look at your home, it’s something that gets used several times every day. That means it needs to be working properly.
Do to Tell if I Need a New Garage Door
There are several factors that will let you know that it’s time to replace your garage door.
1. Garage Door Noise. Increased noise with any motorized equipment might mean that a component needs to be repaired or replaced. It’s important to have your garage door looked at if it becomes noisy because it’s more than an inconvenience. Garage doors are designed to operate smoothly with minimal noise. Sudden grinding, crunching, banging and squeaking noises are an indication that you need a new garage door.
2. Garage Door is Slow to Open. Your garage door is large and probably won’t fly open or closed the second you press the button. However, too much speed can be dangerous. The right speed is if you notice a response right away without any hesitation. If you notice it’s slower than it used to be or there is a delayed reaction, you may need to replace the door.
3. Garage Door Safety & Security. Garage doors can cause injury or even death because of how heavy they are. If you notice your garage door is not functioning like it used to it’s a dangerous situation. Doors that don’t open or close completely or don’t reverse when the sensor is triggered can be deadly. On top of that you can expose your home to anyone trying to break in.
4. Garage Door Appearance. The way your garage door looks can affect the property value of your home, not to mention the curb appeal. Styles change over the years. Does your door look outdated? A new door can increase the exterior beauty of your home, making it a great investment.
5. Garage Door Functionality. Wear and tear will happen to everything. Dents that appear over time and springs that only last for about 10,000 cycles can be repaired but if you find your garage door is breaking down too often or you’re always worried about how it will function, you should probably consider having it replaced.
6. Garage Door Price. Your garage door can cost you a lot of money up front or in the long run. If you notice an increase in energy bills it might be because your garage doors insulation or weather stripping isn’t working like it once did. If you find yourself paying for repairs too often, you will probably save yourself money in the future with full replacement. You don’t want maintenance costs to be an ongoing thing.
Garage Door Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes to installing a new garage door making the right decision will depend on what you value most in your home and lifestyle. Contact AAA Action Garage Doors to help you make the right choice!