In order to keep it in working order and spare you from costly, time-consuming repairs during the colder months, some garage maintenance is needed now during the fall. Though the people living in the Las Vegas desert does not have to worry about snow and ice as a common element that negatively impacts your garage door, however, the colder months still can affect your garage door, especially if the garage door’s maintenance has ben overlooked. Easily done over a fall weekend, there are a few actionable steps you can do. In addition to increasing protection for the garage’s contents, homeowners can identify issues sooner and extend the life of their garage door and interior. With this in mind, we at AAA Action Door would like to share the maintenance ideal for your garage door to better endure the winter.
Garage Door Maintenance Checklist
1) Inspect Garage Door for Gaps. In order to minimize the elements from entering your garage, take the time to visually inspect your garage door for places where light may be seeping in from outside. Along your garage door or if applicable, windows, listen or feel for air drafts as well. If there is an issue, be sure to you make the necessary repairs using weather-stripping or sealant that is appropriate for your garage door material.
2) Evaluate Garage Door Tracks. Be certain the tracks are free of debris and rust as you inspect the tracks on both sides of the door. You want to vigilantly spot the tracks that could be bent and not perfectly vertical. Bent tracks or tracks that are not perfectly vertical can be a problem, especially if left unaddressed and usually entails costly repairs or a garage door needing to be entirely replaced. Consult with a residential garage door professional if you are unable to make adjustments on your own or feel they are beyond your capabilities.
3) Schedule Professional Garage Door Inspection. For a seasonal inspection of your door and its major components, consult with a professional garage door repair team. Licensed experts will be able to identify problems fast and a solution so that you do not have to worry about putting yourself or others in danger with years of experience and an eye for issues.
4) Check Garage Door’s Springs and Rollers. Disconnect the door opener motor from its power source for the beginners. For damage, over-stretching, or wear and tear is what to look for as you examine your door’s rollers and springs. Clean any filthy parts and replace worn parts. Make sure to lubricate any parts that are needed.
5) For Easy Access and Heat Flow, Organize Your Garage’s Contents. Move fall and winter items into places that are accessible and pack away spring and summer possessions. Inside your garage, free-up space with shelving or storage bins that can be stacked.
Garage Door Inspections, Tune Up Maintenance & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes professional inspections and maintenance as well as repair, installations, and replacement services for your garage door in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, call the experts of AAA Action Doors and let us provide top-quality services.