There are many components to a garage door. With so many different components, there are quite a few moving parts. Some with electrical, mechanical, and other different uses that with continuous use, experience wear. You can reduce a lot of the normal tear with professional maintenance tune-ups and inspections services but even so they can still fall short. We at AAA Action Doors would like to take the opportunity to expound on the more common parts of the garage door and the most frequent reasons of repair.
Garage Door Parts Commonly Needing Repair
1) Garage Door Bottom Seal: The seal on the bottom of the garage door is the weather stripping. As it suggests, it keeps the outdoor weather outside, allows for proper fit for a closed door, and acts as a cushion for when the door closes. Usually, over time, the rubber seal looks dry, brittle, cracks and can become damaged. When the seal becomes damaged, the weather can tamper, dust and debris can blow in, and pest can also come inside. A simple replacement is all that is needed.
2) Garage Door Panel & Sections: The door panels and sections can become easily damaged in the event if a vehicle runs into the closed door or sports game or children run into the door with enough force. The panels will generally need to be replaced.
3) Garage Door Hinges: In order for the door to move and flex, the hinges connect the sections of the door together. Every so on these hinges would need lube, if they get dry, can result in cracking and be broken or other such problems.
4) Garage Door Opener: Garage door openers have evolved over the years. As they can be high-tech and be involved with a lot of features they can be interconnected to the WIFI and be monitored and controlled through your smart-phone, computer, laptop, tablet, and other such devices. Because they have the electronic element, the batteries could simply need replacing, the wiring could be worn, or a number of other issues could be at hand.
5) Garage Door Sensors: On either side of the door near the floor, there are safety sensors that communicate with the garage door opener. One of the sensors emits the laser where the other receives it. The garage door will close, and most are programmed to retract, if something blocks the line of the laser so that it can’t reach the receiving sensor. Generally, when this occurs, the sensors are just in need realignment.
6) Garage Door Springs: To lift your extremely heavy door there are torsion springs above your door, which is under a considerable amount of tension. These springs are quite common to stretch or break and it is crucial you do not attempt to repair it yourself! These repairs are dangerous to do without the proper training and tools, leave them to the professional.
7) Garage Door Tracks: On either side of your door and leading up to the garage ceiling are the tracks the serve as the guide for the garage door to travel up and down on. Not only do they need lubrication from time to time, but they also need to be cleared from dirt and debris as well as inspected to ensure they have not gotten bent or damaged. If they are damaged, a professional will need to replace them.
Garage Door Repair Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
If you find your garage door is experiencing any of these common problems, call AAA Action Doors today and let our experts get your garage door operating to its full potential.