Over the past decade alone, garage doors have evolved dramatically. They are stylish, practical and functional. With so many materials, safety, style, and other features, electronic garage doors also have impressive garage door openers designed for the different types of homes and garage doors. With some garage door openers having more quality over others, most homeowners are caught in a dilemma as to which garage door opener they need to replace the garage door opener that may have seen better days. We at AAA Action Doors would like to elaborate further on the different garage door openers today.
What are the Different Types of Garage Door Openers?
When it comes to the garage door opener, there are three categories: Screw Drive, Belt Drive and Chain Drive. Each of these categories carry their own benefits and advantages, depending on the type of garage door that is opening. It is essential you know the height and width of the garage door, when replacing the garage door opener, as well as knowing the manufacturing material (such as steel, aluminum, wood, etc.) and insulation factors. The different classes of the garage door opener are listed below with the basics.
Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
Installed as part of the unit fastened to a system of tension springs the chain drive garage door opener drives the system.
– High versatility as it can work with most types of garage doors.
– Parts are readily available as this is the most common opener system used.
– Works well with heavier garage doors that are designed to be lifted.
Screw Drive Garage Door Opener
A threaded steel rod instead of a chain, belt, or gears is used that will get worn out as the door is open and closed.
– Quieter than other systems.
– High durability requiring lesser maintenance.
– Single door tilt operating garage doors are optimally used in conjunction with screw drive garage doors.
Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
With a rubber belt that runs the length of the rail being the operation, this opener performs similar to the chain drive garage door opener. The rubber materials used in manufacturing allow for a quiet and smooth performance as it eliminates the metal and metal clatter the other openers have.
– For garages architecturally placed near common living spaces, this opener is better suited.
– Delivers the ultimate performance and quiet operation.
– Highest quality garage door opener.
How Much Horsepower (HP) Do I Need for Garage Door Opener?
Garage door openers are powered with horse power with variations strengths that include the following:
½ Horse Power:
– Most types of garage doors can be adequately operated.
– Found most commonly in garage door openers.
¾ Horse Power:
– Opening and closing heavy garage doors is more efficient.
– Motors are durable and designed for longevity.
1 Horse Power:
– Superior option for operating heavy garage doors.
– Power is maximized, and function is highly efficient
Garage Door Repair, Installation, Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Additional features include equipping the garage door opener with 100-watt bulbs, or LED bulb equivalent for example to maximize the lighting, or installing keyless entry pad with either finger print entry or combination entry, and so many other options. There are a plethora of options your garage door opener can offer and if you are overwhelmed with options, the professionals of AAA Action Doors can help you and ensure efficient installation. Call us to learn more today!