Comprising of basic parts, the garage door is the largest moving element of your home. The components wear down over time, and in some instances, faulty parts, even poor installation that expedite the wear. With this in mind, we at AAA Action Doors would like to discuss the basic primary elements, and the concerns they are most likely to have.
Garage Door Parts & Problems
1) Garage Door Sensors. There are safety sensors on both sides of the door near the floor. Where one sensor receives it, the other sends the laser to communicate with the opener. In the event something blocks the line of the laser so that it can’t reach the receiving sensor, the garage door will not go down. For any new garage door opener since 1992, the US has required this safety precaution. Before rising back up, the sensors may be misaligned or obstructed should your garage door only goes down a few inches.
2) Garage Door Springs. Above your door is under a considerable amount of tension as it supplies the power to lift your extremely heavy door with the torsion spring. If the spring breaks or starts making noise, do not attempt to fix or adjust the spring. It needs to be left to the professional, the garage door springs are a dangerous part. On older garage doors may need to be configured as well, running along the horizontal track that should be fitted with safety cables.
3) Garage Door Sections & Panels. The garage door has paneling, and these sections of door are suspectable to dents. These dents can occur by inadvertently making contact with the car while it was closed, playing sports too close, or rough housing too close.
4) Garage Door Hinges. The hinges connect with the sectioned panels allows the garage door to bend. If they are not maintained and lubricated as needed, the hinges can break or crack.
5) Garage Door Tracks. The tracks on either side of your door and leading up to the garage ceiling serves as guide for your garage door. The tracks need to be wiped down and lubed and free of debris if the garage door doesn’t open and close smoothly.
6) Garage Door Opener. Garage doors have come a long way in the past several years alone. Openers are equipped Smart technology allowing access for use from a Smartphone or a computer and even more safety.
7) Garage Door Bottom Seal. The seal offers protection from weather, gives the door a more proper fit, gives the door a bumper as it closes as it serves multiple purposes. Over time and use the bottom seal becomes brittle or cracked and loose, which permits pests to gain entry or weather.
Garage Door Part Replacement & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
If you hire a professional for maintenance and repair, more often than not, the warranty of your garage door is only validated. Through the assistance of professionals, the repairs are also more efficiently done and safely accomplished. Contact AAA Action Doors and let our professionals do the rest when your garage door in the Las Vegas, NV Valley is in need of maintenance or repair.