So many people don’t realize what an impact garage doors can have on the overall appearance of a home. One garage door that is sure to turn heads is a garage door made of glass. These modern doors are not only made of glass though. They are comprised of glass panes separated by aluminum frames. The are many advantages and disadvantages that come with choosing these garage doors and AAA Action Doors is here to talk about them.
Pros of Durable Glass Garage Doors
When you choose glass garage doors, there are several advantages that are coming your way. Following are some of the biggest pros that you can expect with glass garage doors.
– Light: If you spend a lot of time in your garage working on projects, you are sure to love the natural light that floods in from the glass panes on your doors. Even if the panes are frosted, tinted or mirrored, you will benefit from a significant amount of light while still maintaining privacy.
– Design: While glass garage doors are usually chosen for a modern home, there is still versatility when choosing glass doors for other home styles and designs. There are many different colors, finishes and patterns you can choose from.
– Curb Appeal: What many homeowners don’t realize is that their garage door makes up 40% or more of the front of their home. When you have chosen stylish garage doors like glass garage doors, it will give your home an instant boost in curb appeal. New garage doors often give more than a 100% ROI because of the impact they have on the curb appeal.
Cons of Glass Garage Doors
Just like anything else, when you are choosing glass garage doors, there are some cons that come with them.
– Insulation: Glass garage doors aren’t going to be nearly as efficient as other garage door styles. Glass panes aren’t as energy efficient a garage door that is filled with insultation to help keep the climate regulated in your garage.
– Cost: If you have chosen a glass garage door for your home, you can plan on it costing roughly two times more than a steel garage door would. They require extra care during deliver and installation as well as the cost of the materials themselves are much more than steel doors.
– Cleaning: You are going to need to clean glass garage doors more often than you would solid garage doors. They will show more dirt and dust.
– Impact Resistance: Obviously, they aren’t going to be getting dents in them like metal garage doors often do, you have to worry about the glass breaking. They are usually made of tempered glass, but that doesn’t make the door bullet proof.