Being constantly exposed to the outdoor elements, your garage door needs to be cleaned periodically. Being that your garage door makes up a significant part of the visible exterior of your home, a clean garage door can go a long way toward increasing the curb appeal of your home. Keep in mind that many newer garage doors come with a warranty, and some warranties can be voided by failure to keep your garage door clean. Leading to mechanical breakdowns that may not be covered, a buildup of dirt or oil on the tracks can be a problem. By making sure your garage door is in good shape, you can save yourself money and a few headaches. Today, we at AAA Action Doors would like to share some tips to clean your garage door.
Clean Garage Door Twice a Year
During the spring and again in autumn, homeowners should clean their garage doors at least twice a year in general. Those living in the Vegas desert may need more frequent cleaning and those living in coastal regions may not even notice the dirt accumulation. You should take the time to clean it as soon as you get a chance in the event you notice a buildup of pollen, oil or any visible dust or dirt on your door.
Collect the Following Supplies to Clean Your Garage Door
– Gentle soap
– Soft rag
– Hose (preferably with the nozzle)
– A bucket filled with water
– Wear rubber gloves and clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
Garage Door Cleaning Steps
1) In the water-filled bucket, add a Tbsp of mild liquid dish detergent.
2) Using the garden hose, rinse the surface of the garage door.
3) With a soft rag or bristle brush, work the garage door in sections, and start scrubbing with your cleaning solution mixture.
4) After each sectioned wash, rinse the area well.
5) Repeat, until each section is complete and make to dry off any residual moisture when you have finished.
How to Remove Garage Door Stains
You can remove the tougher spots with a mixture of bleach diluted with water should you find any stubborn oil stains. Before using bleach, keep in mind that mixing bleach with household cleaners is dangerous, so be sure to be wearing gloves. You can clean them the same way you clean any other window in your home if your garage door has windows. A gentle cleaner is best and be sure to be careful around any seals or weather stripping. When cleaning your garage door, be sure to apply the following:
– Never mix chemicals with bleach.
– Never use a pressure washer.
– Avoid potential damage the finish of your door, by using abrasive sponges or scouring products.
Garage Door Repairs & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
One of the things you can do to keep it in working order is cleaning your garage door regularly. While cleaning, you should have the opportunity to inspect for superficial and performance damage as well and if significant repairs are needed, contact AAA Action Doors and let us assist you.