In our homes there are lots of things that we use every single day. Light switches, sinks, refrigerators, microwaves, alarm clocks, garage door openers, and more all fall into this category. Most people do not truly realize how much they appreciate these things until they start to malfunction in any way. If there was something that you could do to prevent the things in your house that you use every day from breaking you would do it right? Did you know that there are some steps that you can take to help your garage door stay in excellent condition? Garage door maintenance is simple to do and has tons of benefits. There are some extremely easy things that you can do as a homeowner to keep your garage door in excellent working condition. We have put together a simple list for you to start implementing in your home.
Garage Door Care Tips
• Listen to Garage Door: One of the first signs that your garage door is not functioning properly is that it begins to make noises. If your garage door starts to make grinding or scraping noises you will want to address it immediately.
• Tighten up the Garage Door Hardware: As your garage door moves up and down each day the movement and vibration can loosen the hardware. We recommend that each month you examine and tighten all roller brackets and bolts that are loose on any level.
• Inspect Garage Door Rollers: Garage door rollers can be made out of steel or nylon. They needed to be inspected two times year. They will need to be replaced every seven years or so.
• Replace Weatherstripping on Bottom of Garage Door: Weatherstripping is placed on the bottom of your garage door to help keep the air from outside from getting into your garage door. Over time the weatherstripping will need to be replaced. Replacing it is a simple task that you can do on your own with some new weatherstripping that can be purchased at your local home improvement store.
• Check Garage Door Cables: The cables on your garage door can break and become damaged. If you inspect your cables and see that they are not in the greatest condition you will want to have a professional replace them.
• Test the Garage Door Auto-Reverse Feature: Over the years garage door safety features have improved. All new garage doors come with an auto-reverse feature that prevents objects or people from having the garage door shut down on top of them. You should test this feature twice a year to make sure that it is still working. Place a piece of wood under your garage door and try to shut your garage door. Your garage door should automatically reverse back up once it touches the piece of wood. If it does not you will want to have your garage door looked at immediately to help avoid unnecessary injuries.
Garage Door Tune Up Services & More in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes & Las Vegas Nevada
Performing the simple maintenance tips listed above will help you out in so many different ways. The most important area is the safety of your family. By routinely checking your garage door to make sure that it is safe you can avoid injuries. You can also avoid costly repairs with routine maintenance. If you catch a problem before it gets too big you will just have a small repair cost instead of a large one. Fixing problems while they are small will save you tons of money in the end. All of these things also help your garage door last longer so that you and your family can enjoy it for years to come. As you come across parts that need to be repaired give AAA Action Doors a call. We can come right out and get your garage door back in working order as soon as possible.